Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group (WMFTG) is the world leader in niche peristaltic pumps, radial diaphragm valves and associated fluid path technologies for the pharmaceutical, food, chemical and environmental industries.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Product Manager to be responsible for our world leading ASEPCO range of specialty niche weirless radial diaphragm valves for Biopharmaceutical and Pharmaceutical market segments. Based in our facility in Mountain View, California, we are looking for an individual with a balance of technical and commercial capabilities. You will provide business guidance to bridge between the market and the engineering team, driving growth through continued new product development. In this role you will have the opportunity to significantly impact the growth and overall success of the ASEPCO product range. From a clear understanding of your market and customer needs, you will sell your vision to the business through your product strategy. As the owner of product life cycle, you will follow these concepts through product development process including establishing the requirements, negotiating the engineering response, managing the product launch, and ensure its fit to the market for the life of the product.
Essential responsibilities include
- Identify profitable opportunities for growth, developing winning business cases including product positioning
- Connecting with customers and the sales team to understand their needs, translating this into product requirements and strategy, with an ability to clearly articulate those needs within the organisation
- Coordinating stakeholder and market needs to define, plan and implement product launch and marketing strategies to end user and OEM segments
- Manage all aspects of the pre and post launch product life cycle, monitoring and reporting on the in-market activity, responding with tactical development and marketing activities to ensure continued profitability and growth
- Formal education in engineering or science discipline to degree level, or equivalent combination of education with a proven record in a relevant field.
- Direct experience of a commercially focused role in the Biopharmaceutical or Pharmaceutical market segments, including knowledge of industry standards including ASME-BPE, USP, FDA, cGMP, BPOG, PED and EHEDG would be beneficial
- Experience with developing long term product roadmaps and delivering growth through development of a product range, with direct product management experience in a B2B environment beneficial
- Self-motivated, with a strong eye for detail, using your initiative to work within and develop business processes through innovation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbally and in written form, and experience in using these skills to participate in and influence cross-functional teams
A strong benefits package is offered including medical, dental, employer sponsored life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, retirement plan, business travel accident insurance, and long term/short term disability coverage. We also offer a variety of optional insurance options. Ten (10) annual company paid holidays and ten (10) paid vacation days, with vacation allowance increasing with time served.
To apply send a cover letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org