The new 400RXMD Drivesure pump provides a singlesource pump solution for OEM customers requiring integrated drives and controls. Designed for medical device specialists serving the surgical ablation market.
A new generation of pumps, purpose-designed for incorporation in to your medical applications such as RF ablation or cardiac ablation.
- The 400RXMD generation of pumps deliver very low flows between 5-100 ml/min at pressures up to 6 bar (87psi) through catheters or needles in cooling applications
- New double clamp holder provides intuitive trouble-free tube loading - eliminating the risk of human error
- The 400RXMD pumps innovative mechanism provides consistent occlusion to assure accurate, repetitive pump performance
- Easy to clean design is precision-machined for ultimate performance and long service life
Proven track record
The launch of the 400RXMD (the MD’ in the product name denotes ‘medical device’) is built on the success of its predecessor in OEM medical applications over the past 15 years. The new 400RXMD is built on this body of experience with extensive research with customers and industry experts ensuring it meets the needs of catheter applications such as RF ablation and cardiac ablation in particular.
The pump has retained its unique ability to deliver very low flows at the highest level of pressure performance, especially for catheter, cannula or needle cooling applications, but now includes a larger opening for tube loading combined with a new tube holder that ensures rapid, trouble-free tube loading. This minimizes the risk of human error and thus safeguards the process. With a new factory adjustment mechanism, the pressure/flow profile can be fine-tuned to match specific requirements.
Watson-Marlow’s new 400RXMD is available as a family of ten variants with motor options including stepper motor and brushless DC motor, providing OEM's in the medical industry with superior and precise pump technology. This includes models with flows up to 500 ml/min 4 bar (60psi) and 100 ml/min at 6 bar (87psi)
Providing a purpose-designed and trusted pump and drive combination, the 400RXMD DriveSure pumps are specifically aimed at surgical ablation applications where the catheter or needle needs to be cooled very precisely.
These new pumps from Alitea provide customers with the ability to deliver 6 Bar back pressure at low flows; consistently and accurately ensuring a closely controlled ablation process.
DriveSure is precise and whisper quiet, with guaranteed performance through an extended variable speed range from 8rpm to 408rpm. It adds low cost of ownership through a single supplier, and ease of use with our plug and play solution for medical applications.
- Easy to use, with intuitive trouble-free tube loading that eliminates the risk of human error
- Eliminates costly motor/gearbox and drive development
- Easy to fit, set up and control via 0-10V or 4-20mA
- Reliable, quiet brushless DC motor control
- Designed for applications delivering flows 0.16-6100 ml/min
- 24V and 48V versions
- Over voltage and reverse polarity protected inputs
- Also integrates with Watson-Marlow 100, 300, 400 and 500 series pumpheads
Our experience in delivering OEM pumps focused on key applications in the medical device market has built a leading reputation over the last 15 years. Key applications with flows up to 100 ml/min without drop off and up to 6 bar (87 psi) pressure. Our 400RXMD pumps deliver superior capabilities in two major application segments within the OEM medical device manufacturing market:
Cardiac ablation surgery: Used typically for atrial fibrillation surgery
The 400RXMD pump is optimal in delivering cooling fluid to accurately regulate temperature during cardiac catheter ablation surgery. The surgery advances flexible catheters into the patient's blood vessels, to the heart. Electrical impulses are used to induce the arrhythmia and local heating or freezing is used to ablate (destroy) the abnormal tissue.
Radio frequency (RF) ablation procedure: for liver lesions, cancer tumours or back pain
This simple, stable and unique OEM pump solution is designed for equipment that uses the technique of radio frequency (RF) ablation, where the pump is part of a larger system that includes an RF generator, and a catheter or needle. This technique can be used in many surgical procedures including cardiac arrhythmia, pain management and cancer treatment.
In both of these applications, the 400RXMD pump introduces cooling fluid for precise temperature control which produces a more effective treatment and prevents scarring. The cooling fluid helps concentrate the RF energy on the target area which is particularly important when ablating large volumes of tissue, such as in the treatment of cancer.
Three different pressure settings up to 6 bar (87psi) back pressure,
with flow rates up to 500 ml/min
- Optional customised pressure setting for optimal performance
- Fast and trouble-free tube loading
- Flow direction arrows for user guidance and clear safety guard for
visible running detection
- Materials that withstand demanding applications and are
easy to clean
- Robust design with machined parts for outstanding quality
- Mechanical safety switch as standard to stop the pump running
when guard is lifted
||Single channel pump
|Motor type standard
||Brushless DC motor
|Motor type optional
||Continuous or intermittent applications
|Motor speed - standard/VDL
||100 - 550rpm
|Motor speed - stepper/ST-S
||1.6mm tubing 1-450rpm, 3.2mm tubing 1-300rpm
||CW or CCW
|Approx motor life
||Up to 20,000 hours
||+5C to +40C
||1.25kg (2lb 12oz) - VDL
1.37kg (3lb) - ST-S